Learning Event on Climate Resilience of Humanitarian WASH Services
The learning event on climate resilience of humanitarian WASH services will take place as a virtual online event on Thursday, 24 March 2022. It is conducted in English language and offered free of charge.
The one-day learning event on “Climate resilience of humanitarian WASH services” has been newly developed as part of the strategic training portfolio of the German WASH Network with the support of the German Federal Foreign Office.
The aim of the event is to enable participants to better cope with the increasing impact of climate change on their humanitarian WASH project work. In particular, the aim is to
- impart knowledge on the interrelationships between climate risks and humanitarian WASH services and illustrate this with practical examples,
- inform about measures to improve climate resilience of WASH activities and
- demonstrate how the climate perspective can be integrated as a cross-cutting issue in the development and implementation of WASH projects.
The target group of the learning event are former participants of the WASH in emergencies regional workshops and interested staff of humanitarian WASH network members in Germany, who are involved in project/programme development and implementation and are interested in the topic.
Applicants who already have practical experience on the topic of climate resilience of WASH services and are interested to share it, are invited to propose an own short thematic input in their application.
|Location||Date||Language||Application Deadline||Application Form|
|Online||March 24, 2022||English||February 17, 2022||Click here to apply
Number of participants: The number of participants is limited to ensure effective learning and exchange. If more applications are received than places available, participants will be selected based on the information given below:
- Applicant comes from a member organisation of the German WASH network.
- Applicant comes from a local partner organisation of a member organisation of the German WASH Network.
- Applicant has relevant previous experience in the field of humanitarian WASH services.
- The gender ratio of participants should be as balanced as possible.
- Preference will be given to people with disabilities.
German Toilet Organization
Email: registration [at] washnet.de
(for all inquiries)
Tel: +49 (0)30 41 93 43 45
An Initiative of
With kind Support of